What you will learn...
Four presentations will cover the following areas giving you the very latest information regarding the future of the Network, the demands it will face and the testing required to meet and exceeds these coming challenges.
Future technologies of telecom network architecture
- Telecom architectures, SDN/NFV architectures, Mobile Edge Computing, and 5G network slicing.
- Mobile network evolution, Access Network and fronthaul, Core Network and backhaul.
- The move away from copper, expansion of fibre deployment and wireless links.
- RF site deployments, fibre to RF units, DAS and CRAN concepts.
- RF Line sweep, cable installation, and feeders.
- Cloud based tools and measurement methods.
CPRI & RF over CPRI measurements
OTN & Transport Network measurements
- Review of CPRI basic technology, architecture, and key specifications.
- Features of CPRI protocol stack, and role of the vendor specific parts.
- CPRI typical deployments (DAS, RRH, BBU, etc)
- CPRI measurements for installation and maintenance of links.
- RF over CPRI measurements, what they are, how to make them, and what information is available.
- Evolution of transport networks, data rates, protocols, and routing mechanisms. Core and Metro network trends.
- Evolution of OTN test needs, and testing of Ethernet links at 100GbE and beyond.
- Mobile fronthaul/backhaul evolution, CRAN deployment with WDM rings, and PTP timing sync.
- Mobile fronthaul fibre testing and OTDR measurements
RF Interference Hunting and Over the Air measurements
- Changes in RF spectrum that drive the need for more interference hunting, e.g. broadband wireless (LTE), millimetre wave, and 5G transmissions.
- Sources and types of interference, and how they affect different telecom links.
- Measurement tools to identify and locate RF interference. Remote spectrum monitoring, drive test/survey, and hand-held tools.
- Hints and tips from practical field work.